B.A. Social Work Course Objectives
Main page content
The overall goal of the B. A. Social Work programme is to equip students with knowledge, values and skills for social work practice.
- To develop the skills of students to think objectively and analytically about ways in which social forces affect our everyday lives.
- To prepare students to understand the perspectives of persons with different cultural, ethnic and social backgrounds.
- To prepare students to understand the role of social policy in promoting social and economic justice.
- To train students to apply problem-solving methods of engagement, assessment, planning, goal-setting, monitoring and termination.
- To train students to support and uphold professional standards, values and ethics in social work practice.